Kala Shikhar Puraskar
To perpetuate the memory of its Founder President, the Late Shri Aditya Vikram Birla,
Sangit Kala Kendra instituted an award, 'The Aditya Vikram Birla Kala Shikhar Puraskar',
which is presented annually, close to his birth anniversary, November 14th.
The Aditya Vikram Birla Kala Shikhar Puraskar is conferred on a distinguished artist for
his/her lifetime achievement in the chosen field of the performing and visual arts.
The Puraskaar comprises a cash award of Rs.2.0 lakhs, a memento and a scroll of honour.
The areas of Performing and Visual Arts which will be considered in presenting the award include:
- Indian Music, vocal and instrumental, in all forms
- Indian Classical Dances in all recognized India styles
- Indian Theatre in all languages
- Indian Cinema
- Visual Arts (e.g. Painting and Sculpture)
- Traditional folk arts.
The selection of nominees will be based on a comprehensive range of factors, among them:
- Specific direction and vision provided in the chosen field of endeavour
- The influence the artist and his work have had on society
- Extent of originality, innovativeness and genius
- Demonstrated commitment to in-depth research in the particular art form.
- Initiatives taken to revive the art form and adapt it to the present day.
- Contribution to enhancing the image of the art form at the international level
- Awards and recognitions conferred on the artist, in India and abroad
The selection team of Aditya Vikram birla Kala Shikhar Puraskar will be adjudicated by a panel of eminent
persons and experts.